My Brother
I worked till late tonight. By the time I realized how late it was, it was already past 9:30pm getting on to 10pm. Amidst the craziness and the rush, my thankfulness for my brother overflows my heart.
I've been working overtime quite consistently for a few months now. My brother's been the one making the meals, taking charge of majority of the house chores. It's so sweet to get an msn msg from him @ work asking me when I'm coming home, or if I'd need dinner that night. I'm sure I would've survived fine without my brother, but with him being there it's just a marvellous bonus.
Yes I love my brother very much, as most of my friends know. I find him adorable, honourable, understanding...and the list goes on. But most importantly, he is my God-given one and only brother. He's against what I believe in, just like the rest of the family is against Christianity or Jesus. All the same, he's unique. I'm a bit sad that I won't be spending the holidays with him...and in a way, I dread being with my sister...or maybe dread isn't the correct word.
He borrowed my sleeping bag tonight and in the middle of the hallway started wrapping himself in it just to make sure it'd fit him. My sis and I started carrying him in the bag around the house...it was stupid, but fun. It's nice to be kids...I hope we all keep the kids in us as we grow old. So far I haven't had problems doin' that, in fact, I may be one of those stubborn people who can't grow out of kidhood. If the truth be told, I'd like to be like those ppl who can be both, who possess both street smarts and kids' dreams. But things aren't usually perfect...
I'm feeling the fatigue of over-working. I'll be taking off early from work tomorrow. I do need the rest to keep my brain in functioning mode. Good night, world.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home