samak's blog

Monday, November 06, 2006

Korean BBQ

So my Saturday night turned out to be quite cool after all, despite the rain. We went for Korean BBQ for my friend's b-day, the first Korean BBQ I went to that didn't give me a lingering smell in my clothes afterwards. And as usual, I skipped all the kimchi & spicy stuff.

Met quite a lot of people, two of which apparently went to the same high school as me but we simply never met. That was weird, especially when one of them was in the year as me. But o well, back in high school, everybody belonged to a "cult". Actually come to think of it, other than the b-day boy and this other guy who showed up later for the poker game, everybody was a stranger to me. They were all cool people, with one of them being quite comedian-like. Most of these people were Christians...it's very refreshing to see the "live" side of them, versus the legalistically serious side. It was a very warm, friendly feeling. Yes I liked them all.

And I had a fat chance to win the poker game later on that night too, but for the fact that we all had to go home. So we had to go all in...and there went all my chips. But the look on the b-day boy's face was priceless, the "my precious" look. I'm glad I'm his friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home