samak's blog

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

My Thermal Mug

Got this thermal mug @ my friend's staff X'mas party this past weekend. Getting to like it quite a bit, though not really utilizing it to its max functionality. It's s'pposed to keep its contents warm with 12V power from the car, but it does its job quite well without the 12V input. But then, it's been warmer these couple of days, and I've only been using it indoors. So the conclusion may not be fair.

This mug has certainly won enough attention @ work, being pluggable to the car. The only complaint I have against it is that it can ONLY be powered from the car...so I was gonna make this my X'mas project this year...to modify it so it could run on 12V batteries. I was just sharing this with a co-worker of mine, when he brought up a very good point, that 12V batteries would run out very easily...but one of those portable auto battery rechargers might work. I've got one of those somewhere in my trunk I think, which I haven't used for years so I doubt if it's still functional. All the same, the idea of powering my thermal mug with an auto battery recharger isn't exactly appealing. But I think I'll still try to see if my 12V battery project would come through or not, just to make myself happy. The only thing I need is...time.

Time's such a precious gift.

I need a break.

1 Comments:

At 11:09 PM, Blogger Golfer617 said...

Link

You can just get an adapter, no need to build the gadget.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home