samak's blog

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

An Angel a Day, Three Days in a Row

I've had quite a week, an interesting week nontheless. I'm so ready for the weekend. Sigh work's piling up as usual, will I ever get to the bottom of the stack? Specs and more specs...drawings and more drawings to check, more to generate...beams, flow rates, fabrications...my mind's full.

Snow started visiting Vancouver last Sat. I'd been hoping for it. I was in Richmond, just on my way to the library when it started raining. It was on the borderline of being snow...and I of course was wishing in my heart that it's real snow. And 15 minutes later when I walked out of the library, tada, it was snowing! A light flurry which started to get heavier and heavier! I love it when it snows; everything becomes so purely white and if snow accumulates enough, everything becomes so bright. I love it when you turn off all the lights inside the house at night, and there's still the light coming through the curtains off the snow. It's so pristinely serene. Too bad most beautiful things are fragile though; the white gets mucked up pretty quick when a car drives by, just like the grimy snow covering the berms on Oak bridge. Snow's prettiest when it's fresh and undisturbed, at the height of its purity.

So my first couple of angels came by on Monday morning when I got stuck at the entrance to the parking lot @ work. They were simply driving by and were nice enough to stop by when they guessed that I was stuck. Originally they were gonna push my car it...and ultimately the Dad took over the steering wheel and somehow backed out of the mess and got enough momentum to actually make a way through the snow into a parking spot, which turned out by chance to be my usual parking spot! Apparently he had just picked up his son from his night shift at the London Drugs warehouse which is down the block where I work. I'd never seen them before. Such nice people.

My second angel was a coworker of mine. I'd inadvertently dropped my keys in the snow on Monday afternoon. I sorta had a hunch that I'd dropped it, but I was so tired I really didn't wanna dig up all the snow to find the keys. So I went with my other logical deduction, that I must've locked myself out when I took out the shovel from the trunk to clear the snow near my front wheels during lunch time. So I took the bus to work Tues morning, so ready to become an icicle from the pinching cold, and opened my trunk with my spare key, only to find no keys in there. So needless to say, there's no denial that I'd dropped my keys in the snow. There was no one else @ work yet other than Brian, so he came over to help me find my keys. What's so interesting was that he just started kicking up the snow from where he was, and honestly, two kicks later, I could see something black poking through. The next thing I knew, he bent down and picked up the keys for me! Just like that! We didn't have to search or anything like that! And could I say that God wasn't watching over me at that time? I'd be a liar if I said that! So I said to Brian that now that he'd found my keys, he could help me find my chapstick, cuz I kept my keys & chapstick in the same pocket. And honestly again, he just picked a spot somehow close to where he'd found the keys, and started kicking there. Two kicks and he picked up the chapstick for me. This all happened so quick and the whole thing was so coincidental I was so amazed. We stood there just laughing at the whole thing...probably looking like idiots too.

My third angel came by today. Another co-worker of mine...sorta. He actually works for another company, but we work in the same building, and the company he works for and the company I work for sorta have this funny relationship between them. I don't see him that often, not just cuz we're separated by the floor, but also cuz he travels quite a bit. Anyways, I left work on time tonight and was putting my gloves on to get ready to scrape the snow/ice off my windshield as I went out to the parking lot, and I saw him almost done brushing off the snow off my front and back windows! I totally didn't expect that! It was such a surprise that I almost forgot what to say. Three angels in three days! Why? I don't know why!

And I'm tired. I'm stressed out. Didn't sleep well cuz I'd left my cell @ work last night and didn't have my alarm clock. Kept waking up through the night thinking that it's time to go to work. I just wanna take a long sigh and then fall asleep. A long warm bath may do the trick.

More snow. I wonder where all the homeless go. Hope they're ok. I know how unbearably cold it is out there when you have to be outside for long. Waiting for the bus yesterday morning was enough experience for me. God bless the homeless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home