samak's blog

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Orangey Time

Diagonally in front of my office window stands this big tree, most of whose leaves have already moved their home from the branches to the top of the lawn. This is the best color right now, orangey yellow. Yellow's simply too mellow and sad, orange's too bright; orangey yellow is the best. Well second best to the green of the summer.

X'mas is coming. I can hear it on the radio. Smell it in the malls. I don't know if it's the festive hype, but X'mas makes my heart flutter. I don't really know what's happening this X'mas yet, but it'd be great. Wonder if I should get out of town just to catch my White X'mas? Or maybe I should spend X'mas on a mountaintop.

These thoughts energize me and make me happy. Or rather it's the expectation of what will happen this holiday season. Work has been more than manageable this week; and the construction of my skids has been goin' smoothly so far. Getting close to the halfway mark. Looking back over the past few weeks, I realized that I'd been mostly talking/thinking/dreaming about my work, which alarmed me a little bit. I want my life to encompass more than just work. I read in a devotional yesterday that the most important thing in life is relationships, because whoever you relate to now, you'll relate to in heaven. Plus more too. I think for the past few weeks, my life's been person-work relationship rather than person-person relationship. Gotta change that soon.

I wanna make a list of all the things I want to do before I die. Wow, just writing "before I die" casts a shadow of sadness over this blog. I wanna live a full life; but I have yet to find out what it really means. Not the meaning that people assign to it, but the true, absolute meaning of it. I think that'd be my ultimate goal.

For now, I'll enjoy the sun through my office window.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home