The SW of the US
I had a 2-hr rundown of this US road trip this co-worker of mine took a week ago, or 2 weeks ago. So I didn't get the work done as I'd like to, and we ended up leaving work at about 8:30pm. All the same, it was quite an eye-opening education, and I consider it time well spent.
I'm not good at geography. In fact, I'm so horrible that my co-workers have printed me a Canada & a US map, which are on the wall to my left. Almost exactly at my eye level when I'm sitting down. I have no idea how I made it through my geog class in high school, or passed my citizenship test. I remember that the other night, I was preparing a writeup for an O&M manual for this job in NF, and I didn't know if NF was a province or not. There wasn't anybody to ask since I was working OT alone. Good thing there's this online friend of mine on msn who came to the rescue. God bless msn!
So I learnt about the Continental Divide, the Tablesand (forget which province it's in now), the Grand Canyon...the herds of elk and other anmials...the Colorado River, some mining towns, the Mormans, the windy highways and switchbacks, the camping sites in the US vs in Canada...and it's nice to be able to see these places on google map while he was describing them. Can't wait to see the pictures when he gets them developed.
Other than the no-shower part, it really sounded like an awesome road trip. Hopefully I'd get to do something like that some time in my life. I'd like to see the Northern Lights first though. But even before that, I want to hold a baby lamb. I'm not sure why I'm all of a sudden so hooked on this sheep/lamb thing. Think once I've held one, I'll be fine again. Sometimes I think I'm too curious for my own good. Maybe I should invent a curiosity transfer machine to help me download some of my curiosity onto other people.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home