Piano
I worked today, freaking worked on a holiday! And I had to drag 2 helpers to work with me. It's very nice of them to oblige, but I still felt a bit bad making them work on a Sat. The best thing I could do was let them decide when to call it a day.
I can begin to understand why engineers/project managers/team leaders who work at mills are of a different mentality. It's the way to stay sane. When I was working today, I was so ready to go crazy anytime. Maybe that's how we all are wired...our nerves can't stay taut all the time, they just have to be let loose at some point, otherwise they'll simply snap. So that saying "work hard, play hard" has to have some merit. I've come to notice that how humans work usually has a parallel that's manifested in some form in nature. So I'm thinking now, if I have a cable holding up an object to the maximum capacity of the cable, will the cable snap after a time? Will it?
I was so gonna go let myself go crazy and forget everything tonight at an army party at the Legion. But I guess my wisdom eventually got the better of me; and the thought of people barfing all over wasn't exactly enticing either. Well the rain had its due effect too. So I ended up playing the piano (quite a drastic alternative to partying!); and once I started, it took quite an effort to stop. I really should thank my parents for putting me through all those lessons, for which I'm more than grateful. Although I know their intention was to give me a fallback meal ticket through piano teaching, that's probably not likely to happen (another disappointment for my parents? oops!). I've had so many people ask me to teach them, I've refused them all. Somehow I just can't interest myself in teaching piano...music's for enjoyment, and playing it gives me joy.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home