samak's blog

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Blogging Unblogs My Mind

I like this blogging idea, thumbs up to the person or persons who came up with this idea. I'm so drained sometimes when I get home, and I could almost feel the physical weight of the stuff goin' on in my head. Even when I'm not working, the work stuff is still hiding at the back of my mind. I used to be able to turn it off, now I simply let it sit there. In a way it's kinda cool, cuz I can retreive things fairly quickly from the pile; down side is that my brain never quite gets to relax. Waiting for the short X'mas break to recharge...or maybe I'll take a few more days off.

So this is where blogging comes in handy. It helps me steer my mind in a different direction. It affords me a chance to have a fresh angle looking at things other than work. Sometimes I sit down with a clear idea of what to write; other times I just let my fingers fly. Today's such a time. Rush of thoughts along different lines. Sometimes I'm surprised how my brain jumps from one thing to another that's utterly on a different plane.

I'm a bit disturbed, and disappointed in myself in that my devotional time has dropped quite drastically. I'm slowly easing back to what I feel comfortable with; but uphill climbing is usually not easy. I've already hit a few bumps. I don't mind taking 2 steps forward and 1 step back, as long as I'm still moving up. I miss the time when my sin list was miles long, not that I'm proud of my sin-committing capability, just that I miss the time when God'll bring to my mind things that I shouldn't have done, but things I wouldn't have noticed to be "wrong" per se myself. Life's not simply an uphill, rather it's an up-and-down hill. Even when hiking, I prefer uphill a lot better; but I guess I can't simply take one part of life and reject the rest. Learning to go downhill calls for courage, and recognizing when and how the curb the fall entails skills. Apparently, my courage and curbing skill must be quite lacking. But I want to go back up, and maybe hit another peak while I'm at it.

And on a completely different line, I need to date this. I've noticed that my ticklishness has improved. Probably should thank my coworkers. Let's see how far this improvement will go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home