"Shall We Dance"
Worked this weekend, yes both days, Sat. and Sunday. Almost was gonna skip the Shall We Dance event. Then I figured if I was my friends, I wouldn't be too happy to show up and find out that the person who invited me didn't come. So I showed up and the bonus was I had a great time, and didn't think about work at all during those 3 hours or so.
The turnout was great, with 70+ people. No idea how many of them were new-comers, since I couldn't tell who actually was a member of the church, and who wasn't. The only people I knew were the people in my fellowship plus a few others. But that didn't matter. Point was to mingle and have a great time. And it seemed like everybody did...at least the people I talked to anyway.
We did waltz and cha-cha. Personally I prefer waltz. Maybe it's a bit more boring, but to me it's a lot easier since it was so...logical. Cha-cha's very much like salsa, except that it's on the off beat. I s'ppose it's in a way more fun...it's about style and you could get really creative with it. As for waltz, I'm not sure. I guess I don't know it enough to comment. But still I like waltz better. Guess my taste has always been more refined, as my friends say.
So this was the first ever outreach event I actually prayed for and participated in. Well there have been others too, which I prayed for only but never participated in. I'm still on a search for a home church. As much as I like what this church does for outreach events, I know deep down this isn't it. Hopefully I'll find it soon. Just afraid that God would say that my home church is the church I'm currently a member of. Sigh...oftentimes what I want isn't good for me, and what I don't like is what's good for me...and also what God wants for me.

1 Comments:
Well said.
Post a Comment
<< Home