samak's blog

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Another Adventure

Interesting things happen to me all the time. And tonight held another adventure, filled with one mishap after another.

Got into Grande Prairie about 1/2hr late, and therefore missed my rental car rep. which closed at 10pm. Tried the answering service and had no luck with their on-call system. So I had to avail myself of my last resort - cab! The cab driver was a nice fella, and told me quite a bit about the town. Think we would've made good buds if the ride was longer.

I'm spending my first night in this inn about which I've read various reviews. I had no choice because most of the better hotels are all booked up. I'll switch to Sandman for the next 2 nights, which I'm looking forward to...I walked into this Inn straight to the reception, and received no smiles, which was an unimpressive disappointment. Filled in my address, did the credit card and the usual proc, and got my access card for room 424. Got up to the 4th floor, and counting along the hallway 421, 422, 423, 425, 426...and I walked back to see if I'd missed 424. Lo and behold! It's simply not there! The "what da..." feeling washed over me, and I decided to walk on anyway...and found room 424 almost towards the end of the hallway. For some reason, whoever arranged the rooms had decided to restart counting 424 somewhere else.

I walked into the room and was relieved to find that all the light switches worked. I simply don't like sleeping alone in a completely dark hotel room. The adventure continued into my shower, where the water consistently alternated from hot to warm to cold; but at least it wasn't burning hot or freezing cold. So that cut my shower short. Then I turned on the TV, hoping to catch the news before I did some final prep for tomorrow...and guess what? The TV didn't work! Even the hotel menu didn't show up!

As I sit typing this blog away, I'm surprised to not find myself feeling frustrated or unlucky at all. Rather, I find this whole episode very hilarious. This is something one would see in a comedy...I can't believe it actually unfolded in my life in the last while. Unbelievable! Too funny to be true!

Ha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home