It hurts!
Had my first go at foot (reflexology) massage this afternoon. Boy did it ever hurt! Hurt so bad that I was sweating all over by the time the messuse was done with my left foot...and there was still the right one to go. Ahhh...I can still feel the spots where the searing pain was. The pain is almost gone, but the thought of the pain will linger a while longer. My first taste of phantom pain will probably come later tonight...Ouch!
I guess if I let myself go, I would've screamed and shaken the whole room. Yes it hurt that much! Imagine that this is a non-exaggerated statement coming from a person who can forebear pain quite well, so really this is an understatement. It's most devastating to be awakened to how unhealthy I really am. We tried to source the problem in my life style...and failed. I exercise regularly (except for this week when I slept all my spare time away, which wasn't much to start with), I drink lots of fluid (2-3 L of water on a regular day), I eat fairly healthy (as most of my friends can testify) and I...have no idea!!! So here the investigative part of me is aroused. And I guess it's not solely the investigative me, but I'd also like to take a defensive stand about my health. So here's my game plan. I'm goin' to give this foot massage thing a second try and see if the same places hurt as much. And I'll check if there's any "improvement" in my system this coming week after my suicidal attempt at the masseus' today. I know I'm a complete novice at this, and having never quite paid close attention to my body nor having ever been sensitive about how my body feels , this may prove to be quite a daunting task for me. But at least I should learn something in the process. And if it's goin' to take more than 2 foot massage sessions to get to the bottom of all this, I'm up for it!!!
In fact, the learning process has already begun today. If what the masseus said was valid, and my gut feel is that it was...her being a certified masseus/Chinese med doctor/acupuncturist and her coming across as an ethical pro. She indicated to me which part of my feet relates to which organ(s), and how the right foot pretty much reflects the same organs as the left foot except that it is also linked to the liver (or maybe something else, my memory fails me here) while the left foot isn't. She also explained why I get bruises so often when I haven't physically bumped into anything (or not in my awareness anyway). And apparently the veins along which I bruise most often are related to...something which I don't remember...is it blood circulation? Ah...information overload. I'll have to suck in all this info again next week when I brace myself through another 45 minutes of inferno suffering.
And I keep telling myself...this pain could be enlightening. This pain may very well be revitalizing. And no, I'm not masochistic. Not at all!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home