Preconditioned Mindset
I'm flying out tomorrow for Grande Prairie on a startup/commissioning work trip. Interesting that every one of my friends who's heard of this trip thinks that it's gonna be fun. I mean, yes, it hopefully should be fun...if everything goes right. But when does it ever? But I can hope on...
I think when people hear of a work trip, they tend to associate it with a business trip. A trip where you dress nicely and meet with some other potential working partners, you chat it up, dine with them, trying to cultivate a better relationship. Well my trip will be different. I'll be in my coveralls and steel-toe boots, with hard hat & safety glasses on (probably can skip my high-viz vest this time). It's gonna be dirty. But at least I'll be white dirty rather than black dirty, because of the material I'll be handling.
I have no idea how things will turn out on Thurs. I'm trying to keep my mind off of what could go wrong, and not worry too much. I've got sorta a plan in my mind, which I'll put down on paper some time tomorrow...maybe during my flight. Hopefully things will run smoothly in the correct sequence without too much trouble. Got to print out a similar program for reference if the existing logic isn't complete...got to make sure I know how to set the pressure switch...got to review my understanding of a PID loop & the parameters...
Well...one thing at a time I guess. My first adventure tomorrow is finding my hotel in the dark after I get off the plane! I wonder what kinda rental car I'll get?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home