Wow...what can I say?
I see that I've neglected my blog for a while...on purpose of course. But my desire to write has tickling me again.
So my last blog was in March this year; for some reason I thought it was earlier than that. I guess I'm under a bit of an illusion since SO MUCH has happened since then. My life's changed quite drastically, for the better I believe...cuz there's more to learn, more to adapt to, more to pray about.
This year seems like the "wedding year" among my friends. It's such a blessing to see my friends tying the knot. There are two couples I know who just found out they're expecting a baby. Somehow, this year so far feels like such a "fruitful" year. Wow, why do I sound like I'm looking back at the year when it's not even close to December?
I had a wonderful birthday this year, b/c someone v. special to me pulled together a party for me. I know it didn't call for much effort to get the party together, but it's always the thought that counts the most right? Though the bbq idea didn't fly due to the rain, it really didn't dampen my joy. In fact, as a believer, I didn't think it's a coincidence that every day during the week was sunny, except for the day of the party. I thanked God for the shower of blessings on that day. I thanked God for everybody who chose to spend the evening/night with me (and there were many I wanted to invite but let's just say I procrastinated a bit too much); some of whom I met on the night. All the same, I was really glad these ppl are part of my life, at least for now; and dearly hope for the rest of my life.
Could I keep God's wonders to myself and not disclose them? Didn't David say that he'd "praise you in the congregation"? So I shall praise You here and recount Your goodness... I got a coffee b-day cake...my favorite cake, and nobody (including R.) knew about this, except for me and God of course. And nobody would've guessed, b/c almost everybody who knows me knows that I don't drink or like coffee. What happened was R. woke up that day with a picture of a coffee cake, but he dismissed that idea knowing that I don't like coffee. And when he got to the bakery, none of the cakes was appealing to him except for this coffee cake. He would've gotten me something else but making a new cake would require more time than he had; so the coffee cake was what he bought! God knew, He knew! and He gave me my fav. cake on my b-day as a surprise! If He cared about me enough down to the detail of my b-day cake, could I not trust Him? O may God help us trust Him with everything!
God has graciously given me another level of joy to experience, something I would've never ventured into with my whole heart if wasn't for Him and Him only. It's the freedom to love, and the willingness to be vulnerable. In the process I've made my share of mistakes but He's the one who searches the heart and examines the mind. My only source of blessings and goodness, may You help me always love You and hold You dear. And may You open the door of romance on my friends' lives when Your appointed time has come. May You teach us how to love and how to be loved in a way that's pleasing to You!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home