samak's blog

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Sound System

Had my first training of the sound system at the new church this afternoon. Boy, all these knobs on the console...it's overwhelming. Learnt a whole bunch of stuff, which always makes me happy; but I know I won't get it until I start my hands-on training. I think I'm a doer, and I learn by doin'.

So started me thinking about the people who tend the sound system every Sunday. It really is a thankless job. If the music sounds good and all goes well, most credit will go to the worship team, hardly will anyone think of the sound team...well except when problems arise. Interestingly enough though, this happens to be the reason I like this. Kinda strange, but o well, I'm just being me. Anyway, I like this new church...but why do I have this feeling that this church isn't for me? Because everything's too good and too easy? Where's my cross in this church?

Sigh...I heard through the grapevine about some problems that have been brewing in my old church. Honestly, I believe I still have an attachment to that church, because this bad news hurt. I don't like the people, mostly because they are different from me and I have no clue and no desire to learn how to get along with them. Maybe this is my cross. Is this where You have planned to be my home God?

"Whoever doesn't take up my cross isn't worthy of me!" So will I take up the cross!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home